Sunday 29 June 2014

What I wore to Prom!


Chou everyone,
Last week I had my prom for the end of Year 11 (15-16), it was a fun night and the highlight of course was to see what everyone was wearing. I know that I find it interesting to see what everyone was wearing, so would enjoy reading this kind of post. I am sorry there are not any photos of me on the night but there are photos of everything I wore:

Preparation

In preparation for prom I decided I did not want to be a white ghost so I use the Dove summer glow as seen above which is a great gradual tanner to give me that extra glow without looking fake.
The day before I decided I should wash my hair as it is far easier to style and I used the John Freda frizz ease serum, also seen above, to reduce the frizz of my rather thick hair and it can product from heat but I did use another heat protector on the day of prom.

My Hair


I had previously decided I wanted to tightly curl my shoulder length hair for prom. So I sectioned it into two layers on each side of my head and sprayed each individual curl with the VO5 Heat Protector Styling Spray which makes my hair nice and soft, but the smell isn't exactly the nicest it smells a bit like a cleaning product. After curling each layer I applied hair spray, so that my curls stayed put all night.

My skin

Before applying my makeup I toned my face with the Garnier Refreshing Toner, applied some Nivea Moisturizer and put the Simple Rapid Action Spot Zapper onto any blemishes for a last minute hope that the spots would look slightly less threatening! To moisturize my lips I used the Maybelline Baby Lips in Hydrate. 

My Makeup
I was very excited for my prom makeup in particular my sample of the Benefit Porefessional which I had received with last months Elle magazine. It certainly made my skin feel super smooth and reduced the size of my pores but I could still see them. It is certainly a product I will hope to use more in the future when I have a feeling spendy moment. I choose to use my current favorite foundation the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in 51 light vanilla, this I applied with the Real Techniques Expert Face brush. To conceal redness and dark eye circles I used the Soap and Glory Kick Ass concealer. For any areas needing higher coverage I used the Lasting Perfection concealer by Collection which I need to mix the lightest too shades. To reduce any shine to my face, I used the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in 001 Transparent which I applied with the Real Techniques Duo Fiber face brush. For bronzer and blusher I used my Sleek Face Form palette in light and applied the bronzer with the Real Techniques Duo Fiber contour brush under my cheek bones and on my temples. The blush I applied with a Seventeen cheek brush I received for Christmas in the seventeen complete collection set. To be honest most of the products I used on my face but the primer were exactly like my everyday makeup. 

On my eyes I used my new favourite set of eye shadows the NYC HD quattro eye shadow in 815 Best of Broadway which is four beautiful shimmery nudes. I applied the eye shadow with a seventeen complete collection and a h and m double ended brush to blend the eye shadow out define the bottom lashes. I used the Collection Extreme eye liner which claims to be 24 hour when it is usually barely visible after 3 hours, it is a felt tip liner and I use it simply because it is very simple to use and apply. The simplicity of the felt tip means it is great guideline for the Collection Fast stroke I use over the top to intensify the black line. I then curled my lashes with what ever eye lash curler I have to hand. Finally I applied mascara I am currently loving the L'Oreal volume million mascara brush (from an used mascara) which I use in a cheap mascara which I just want to use up but I didn't like the brush it came with. 
Finally I applied the Rimmel London moisture renew lipstick in 705 Let's get naked this is a perfect your lips but better pinky nude shade. 

The Dress


My dress is from Debenhams in a the Diamond Collection by Julien Macdonald it is the petal prom dress in cobalt.

My accessories 
My shoes were simple navy ballet pumps which were from New Look. I was very pleased to be wearing flat shoes as I saw other girls limping round complaining that their feet hurt!
I found my clutch in TKMaxx not too long ago I am afraid I no longer have the tag so I am not sure where you can find one similar.
I didn't wear any jewelry as I felt the dress was detailed enough already.
I wore Nicole by O.P.I. nail polish in Sky's the limit on my finger nails.

To finish I applied some of my favorite perfume which is the Lacoste Touch of Pink.

Thank you for reading I now realize how much I wore and used especially makeup. I hope that in the future I will be as I am currently with what I wore to prom as I am now! Today's inspirational quote is:YOU ARE NOT STEALING MY SUNSHINE NEVER!! :D
I hope you have a lovely day. Please follow me on Bloglovin' for which the link is below and on Pinterest at QuelquefoisFantastique.
Love
Anna xx

No comments:

Post a Comment